It is inevitable: when we browse the Internet we always leave traces, no matter how many precautions we take. Each visit to a web page, each search on Google, each registration form, is a trace that we are leaving and that puts our privacy to the test. One way to protect it is to get used to clear google history.
Table of Contents
Why does Google store our information?
Google keeps a record of the web pages we visit, as well as a list of all the activities we carry out within applications. It also keeps a history of the locations we've been to, among many other things.
These Google metrics have not been implemented with the idea of spying on us (we will have to trust that this is true), but with the aim of personalizing the online advertising that is offered to us and improve our experience as users. Fortunately, we can adjust these metrics to our own criteria and needs.
Is it really that important to clear your search history on Google or any other similar service? In addition to ensuring our own privacy, as we indicated at the beginning, keep history clean It is a way of maintaining order and by the way prevent predictive results from being displayed in the search engine. But there are other more compelling reasons:
- When we share the use of the computer, something that happens in many jobs. In this case, other users can check the browser history and learn about its content.
- When we use a computer that is not ours, such as a library. The results of our searches and visits will be recorded and anyone can see them.
Be it for one reason or another, it is convenient to know how to clean our Google history and get used to doing it with some regularity. exist various methods to perform this security wipe, if you can call it that. After all, the goal is to prevent our private data from ending up in the wrong hands. This is how to do it depending on the browser we use:
Clear Chrome History
In Chrome, the most popular browser in the world, all information about searches, visits to web pages or logins is automatically stored as "Navigation data". This is how you can delete this data:
- First of all, go to the menu located at the top right of the screen and click on "Setting".
- Within this menu, we will "Security and privacy".
- The next option that we must mark is that of "Clear browsing data". When doing so, a menu is displayed in which you can choose exactly what or from what date you want to delete: everything accumulated in the last hour, the last day, the last week...
After deleting the browsing data in Chrome, all the pages that we have visited as well as the searches carried out in Google will disappear.
Clear firefox history
The method to clear Google history in Mozilla Firefox is quite similar to the one used for Chrome. These are the steps to follow:
- First we go to the menu above and click on «Settings».
- In the next menu we select the option "Privacy & Security", from where we will access the section of "Record".
- The option that we have to press to delete the data is that of "Clear History". As in the case of Chrome, we are also given the possibility to delete the results of the last hour, last day, etc.
Clear Microsoft Edge history
Deleting browsing data in Microsoft Edge is even easier than in the previous cases. Not only that: the browser that is installed by default in Windows also offers us a system to avoid tracking on the Internet through cookies as much as possible. To delete Google history this is what we must do:
- To start we click on the top right of the screen, on the icon of the three horizontal dots.
- In the following menu, we choose "Settings" and, within it, we select the option “Privacy, search and services”.
- There we go to the section "Clear browsing data", where another drop-down menu is displayed in which you can configure what content to delete and how long ago.
- Once all the desired options have been chosen, simply click on "Delete" To complete the operation.
Clear searches from Google account
Finally, we are going to comment on another possible option to delete Google history: remove searches from your own google account, In a direct way. It is an option that works the same, regardless of the browser we usually use. How is it done? We explain it to you below:
- First we log in with our data through My Account. There we will access our Google account.
- The next step is to modify some of the configuration parameters from the "Data and privacy".
- In this section we are going to «Activity on the web and in Applications».
- A long list of options opens below. We will select "Búsqueda" to access the history and proceed to a total or selective deletion, depending on our objectives.