In his day, Hotmail It became the most important email service in the world. But everything changed from 2012, when it was integrated into Microsoft, specifically as part of its email services in Outlook. Among other things, this change meant that the hotmail.com domain was no longer used, in addition to other visual modifications. Signing in to Hotmail is different now.
Since we like to know the full story of everything, we will say that Hotmail was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in 1996. One of the first webmail services on the Internet. Y also completely free.
In fact, its founders chose July 4 of that year as its launch date. The idea was to symbolize the freedom of the user to work and communicate from any corner of the world. The choice of the word Hotmail is a nod to the HTML language, used for creating web pages. Not surprisingly, in its beginnings it was written like this: HoTMaiL. The success of the invention is reflected that within a year Hotmail already had more than 8,50 million subscribers worldwide.
When the jump to Outlook occurred, Hotmail users were able to choose to keep their original domain. This gave rise to not a few misunderstandings. Today, so many years later, access our Hotmail account it's still a bit confusing.
Table of Contents
Sign in to Hotmail through Outlook
Today, this is the simplest and most direct way to access our Hotmail email account. Is since the massive migration of accounts from Hotmail to Outlook in 2013. Although some users (some 300 million worldwide) were reluctant to this change, the truth is that the operation of their accounts remained the same. Of course, they also had new functions and a cleaner and more visual interface.
These are the steps to follow:
- To start we go to the page Outlook.com and we select the option of "Log in".
- Then we write our email address (or phone number) and select "Following".
- Next, we introduce our password and we select "Log in".
Problems and solutions
Sometimes we can find that our Hotmail account cannot be accessed. This can be due to a number of reasons, although there is always a solution for everything:
- If the password is invalid, check that caps lock is not activated.
- If we have forgotten or lost the password, you can create a new one by following these steps:
- We choose the option "Reset password."
- We choose the reason why we cannot log in and click «Next».
- We write the email address used when our account was created.
- We introduce the verification characters that are shown on the screen and click on «Next».
- We will receive a security code at the alternate phone or email address to confirm reactivation.
- Finally, we insert that code on the screen and create a new password.
Important: To keep our Outlook.com account active, it is necessary to log in at least once every 365 days. After one year of inactivity days, the email will be deleted and it will be impossible to retrieve it.
Sign in to Hotmail without Outlook
As Hotmail.com no longer exists, the usual way to access email is Outlook. If we do not have it, or for whatever reason we do not want to install this application, we can access it from the live.com page. The steps to follow to log into Hotmail are these:
- First, we access the browser and enter the URL live.com.
- On the screen that appears we write our email hotmail full (not just the user, but also the termination).
- Then we click on the button "Next".
- Finally, we introduce our password and click on "Log in".
Can I create a new Hotmail account?
Surprisingly enough, the answer is yes. In fact, Microsoft allows you to create three different email domains:
- @ Outlook.com
- @ outlook.es
- @ hotmail.com
How is it done? Simply enter the page create a new Microsoft email account. There we click on the second option, "Get a new email address" and in the drop-down list on the right side choose the ending "hotmail.com".
How to delete a Hotmail account
Before going into the explanation, it should be noted that it is not necessary to take this step. Hotmail accounts enjoy all the benefits of Outlook, that is, they are not obsolete or need to be recycled. But if in spite of everything you have decided delete your account For other reasons, this is how to proceed:
- We access our account using any of the modes explained above.
- We click on the option "Account settings".
- select "Security and privacy".
- Now we are going to "More options".
- On the next page we look for the option of "Close my account".
- Hotmail / Outlook will ask us if we really want to take the step, warning us that by doing so we will lose the information associated with this account.
- Finally, we will confirm the option.