Have you deleted direct messages from Instagram accidentally or unintentionally? Maybe they were important messages, or maybe not so much, but you don't want to resign yourself to losing them forever. There are many users of this social network who have faced this situation and ask themselves the same question. The truth is There are several ways to recover deleted direct messages on Instagram, so calm down. Do not panic.
If you are an Instagram user, you have surely used the message function, available for both Android and iPhone. But these messages sometimes disappear for no apparent reason. Why does this happen? These are the main reasons:
- Al accidentally press the delete option, after which all the spam messages and other data are erased.
- Because of a virus.
- Al restore factory settings on an Android phone.
Before going to the solutions, it is important to clarify one point: Instagram direct messages do not remain stored on the network, that is, they are not registered on any of its servers. These messages are instead stored in the memory of your device. There go the five methods to recover deleted Instagram messages:
Table of Contents
Instagram Message Recovery Using Download Function
Certain Instagram content such as comments, photos, profile information and other data can be downloaded through a download request, which must be processed from the user account.
The response is not immediate, it can actually take up to 48 hours. But this waiting time does not matter if the result is to recover deleted Instagram messages that you thought were permanently lost. If you choose this method, you should proceed as follows:
- Log into your Instagram user account.
- Press the icon profile which is in the upper right corner.
- Click on "Settings" and then, in the pop-up window that will appear, in the option of "Privacy & Security".
- Once there, look for the option «Data download» to click «Request download».
- At this point you must enter the address of e-mail where you want to receive the download link. It is validated by pressing the «Next» button.
Restore messages from an associated Facebook account
Facebook comes to the rescue. You may not know it, but Facebook and Instagram are two social networks that are interconnected. And that, in the case at hand, becomes a great advantage.
This means that your Instagram direct messages can be accessed through your Facebook inbox and retrieved again. We explain how to do it:
- Sign in Facebook and log in with your username.
- Go to the inbox.
- In the menu bar on the left, click the icon "Instagram Direct". There you will find all your deleted messages.
Recovery through recipient
It may not be the ideal solution to recover deleted Instagram messages, but in some cases it can be practical.
Despite deleting the chats or messages from our Instagram, they are still visible to the person who has received them. So you will always have the option to request recipients to forward these messages. That simple
Android Data Recovery
If all of the above didn't work, there is still one option left: Android Data Recovery, a software that, obviously, will only help if you have an Android device.
Is an effective recovery tool that will help you to rescue all kinds of lost data: contacts, photos and videos, text messages, audio files, etc. Of course, it can also be used to retrieve Instagram direct messages.
Steps to follow:
- Starts the software on a PC Android Data Recovery and select "Data Recovery".
- Connect your Android device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Choose the file type. The software will give you two options: Find deleted files y Search all files. Once you have chosen the one you want, click "continue" to start the recovery process, which may take a few minutes.
- Once the process is complete, the software shows you a preview of the recovered data. Simply select the ones you want to rescue (direct messages) and click on the option "Recover". In this way, the messages will be saved in the memory of the computer.